To contact the specialist furrier nearest you Click
Your fur coat fur jacket, shearlings coat or shearlings
jacket, leather coat or leather jacket, and your coats
and specialty outerwear are valuable and deserve better
- Allow your Fur coat or other garments proper space
in your closet. Never keep your fur coat or other
valuable coat in a plastic bag. Your fur jacket too
requires proper air circulation; Use a cloth bag when
traveling or transporting your fur to and from cold
storage. The smell of both moth and cedar balls often
adheres to fur and creates unpleasant odors.
- Proper cleaning and conditioning of your fur coat
and other garments will often remove such and most
other unwanted odors.
- Do not sit for a prolonged time on your fur coat,
shearlings coat, leather coat or even cloth coat or
outerwear - as this may lead to undue the crushing
and premature wear.
- Refrain from excessive use of purse straps and other
shoulder straps while wearing your fur coat, shearlings
coat, leather coat and other outerwear, as this too
will lead to premature wear.
- If your fur coat gets wet, shake it off and let
it dry naturally. Using heat will cause both fur and
leather to dry out. If your fur item gets soaked it
needs special attention by a specialist master furrier!
- Be sure to have proper annual care including cleaning,
conditioning, tightening of buttons, closures and
lining and the mending of early tears - some will
be invisible to you.
- Conditioning is a process replenishes essential
oils necessary for the longevity of your fur.
- Mend any small tears immediately. Often times delaying
a repair can lead to an expensive replacement of pelts.
- Your fur coat, leather coat, shearlings coats and
fine outerwear will provide you years of enjoyable
wear when they are professionally conditioned and
- Each spring store your garments in a temperature
and humidity controlled vault. Keep your garments
away from heat , home humidity and moths.